Author Submission Guidelines for the Journal
A journal article is considered a "home-study" activity and must include specific elements to be accredited by KPERF.
CE Article RequirementsPlease utilize the following checklist when submitting an article for review:
- Read the CE AUTHOR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES and submit completed packet.
- Article meets minimum word requirement (articles may be submitted via word doc. via email.)
- Completed disclosure form for ALL authors or anyone who had an influence on the article
- The disclosure language is included at the beginning of the article
- The author listing includes First Name, Last Name, Credentials, Title, and Organization for EACH author
- Included are 3-5 learning objectives for pharmacists AND pharmacy technicians (they must not be the same)
- Included are 5-10 post-assessment quiz questions that are multiple choice-single answers AND include global feedback for each question
The article should be a minimum of 3,000 words. This count is exclusive of any tables, graphs, or graphics,
learning objectives, references, and self-assessment questions.
CE CREDIT HOUR - WORD COUNT GUIDE
|1.0 CE Credit Hour||3,000 Words|
|1.5 CE Credit Hour||4,500 Words|
|2.0 CE Credit Hour||6,000 Words|
Active LearningAll ACPE accredited activities must include active learning elements, including home-study activities. These may be reflection questions or cases within the article.
Photos, Illustrations, and GraphsDrawings, photographs, charts, tabulations, graphs, etc., often increase the reader’s ability to grasp and/or conceptualize an idea. These are highly encouraged to be included with the CE article. Any graphics or tables should be sent electronically, along with the article.
Submission DeadlinesWinter Issue - January 5
Spring Issue - March 5
Summer Issue - June 5
Fall issue- September 5