Application Deadline: January 1, 2024
Funded by The Kentucky Education and Research Foundation (KPERF), the Kentucky Pharmacists Association (KPhA) Executive Fellowship in Association Management is a postgraduate training program conducted at the KPhA Headquarters under the direction of the KPhA/KPERF Executive Director and staff. An association management fellowship provides an exceptional learning experience for a pharmacist interested in being a leader in the health care system. Associations touch the lives of individuals daily. They inspire professionals, unify the profession, and provide innovative opportunities for members.
The purpose of this Executive Fellowship is to:
- support the development of individuals interested in association management through training and experience in leadership, advocacy, professional affairs, and problem-solving at the Kentucky Pharmacists Association.
- prepare individuals for leadership positions in a variety of settings in the profession of pharmacy and health care.
- advance areas of the Kentucky Pharmacists Association’s strategic plan with a focus on clinical initiatives and grassroots advocacy.
Fellowship InformationDuration: 12 months (July 1-June 30)
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: January 1, 2024
Starting Date: July 1, 2024
Estimated Stipend: $48,000
Interview Required: Yes
Fellowship Special FeaturesThe Executive Fellow will work to expand KPhA’s clinical initiatives, attend state and national pharmacy meetings, gain exposure to all aspects of association work, and provide insight and assistance to the Association. The Fellow will continue to advance the role of the pharmacist in the healthcare system by engaging with Kentucky’s pharmacists, student pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, policy makers, state agencies, other health care provider groups and managed care organizations. The Fellow will be allowed flexibility to tailor the experience to his or her interest to ensure there is passion behind the work that is done. The Fellow will have flexibility to staff one day per week at a local community pharmacy, if desired.
- 100% Group Insurance coverage
- 10 days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Simple IRA Contribution Match up to 3%
- Paid Holidays
- Travel & Meeting support
- One-year complimentary membership in the Kentucky Pharmacists Association
Special Requirements for AcceptancePharmD from ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, anticipated pharmacist licensure in Kentucky, and background check.
Selection of the ApplicantApplicants should submit their application packet via email by 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on January 1, 2024. You will be notified within 2 business days once your complete application is received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be asked to interview for the position, which may begin before the application deadline. Selection of the applicant shall be the responsibility of the executive staff of the Kentucky Pharmacists Association. An announcement of the final selection will be made as soon as possible.
ApplicationA complete application includes:
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Written responses to all three application questions:
- In less than 400 words, please provide an overview of why you are applying for this Fellowship and how you plan to utilize the experience in your future career.
- In less than 400 words, what personal strengths and experiences would you bring to the Kentucky Pharmacists Association? Include a description of your professional and/or community achievements and future goals.
- In less than 400 words, in your opinion what are the most important issues facing the profession of pharmacy in your state and nationally?
- Three letters of recommendation
Submit your official application to Ben Mudd, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: KPhA Fellowship Application – YOUR NAME. Letters of recommendation may be sent directly to email@example.com or mailed to the Kentucky Pharmacists Association, 96 C. Michael Davenport Blvd. Frankfort, KY 40601.
Learn MoreWant to learn more? Reach out to our current Executive Fellow, Taylor Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Past Executive Fellows2022-2023: Emily Gatewood (Wilkerson), PharmD, RPh
First position after fellowship/Current position: Director of Practice Development, Kentucky Pharmacists Association, Frankfort, KY