Dr. Ben Mudd
- KPhA Board of Directors, Committee Liaison
- KPERF Board of Directors
- Advocacy & Lobbying
- Strategic Plan
- Partnerships & Sponsorships
Prior to joining the KPhA team Dr. Ben Mudd has spent most of his time in the community pharmacy setting. After graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy in 2012, Ben began his career in his hometown of Lebanon at the local Walgreens. In 2016, he transitioned to the independent pharmacy space and began working for Medica Pharmacy in Springfield, KY. While still practicing pharmacy, he co-founded GM Hemp Company in 2018 as a resource to independent pharmacies though out the region for hemp derived CBD products.
Ben recently served as the Speaker of the House of Delegates for KPhA, where he strengthened his passion for our organization. Ben brings a unique background and outlook to KPhA with an emphasis on growing our association and creating a membership experience that is inclusive to each pharmacist in Kentucky.
Outside of the world of pharmacy he enjoys hiking, woodworking, and spending time on the farm. Along with his wife, Brittany, and daughters Emery and Aspen, he currently resides on his family’s homeplace of over 100 years in Lebanon, KY.
Director of Communications & Continuing Education
- Joint Pharmacy Continuing Education Accreditation (ACPE)
- The Kentucky Pharmacist – CE Article Submission, Obtaining Credits, etc.
- Annual Meeting & Convention, Legislative Conference, Special Meetings
- eBlasts and eNews submissions (member news, jobs etc.)
- Professional Awards
Sarah Franklin graduated from Western Kentucky University where she earned a degree in public relations and minored in sales. Sarah has a diverse background in her work with state and national associations; including a collaborative healthcare association. Sarah is very passionate about association management and is looking forward to helping the organization reach its strategic vision.
Director of Finance and Administrative Services
- Financial Management – Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Human Resources/Personnel/Payroll
- Association Records Management.
Jody Jaggers, PharmD
Director of Pharmacy Public Health Programs
- Naloxone Dispensing and Training
Dr. Jody Jaggers graduated from WKU with a BS in chemistry in 2000 and then attended UK College of Pharmacy, graduating with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 2005. He has more than 12-years' experience in community pharmacy practice and currently lives in Versailles with his wife Shanna and their two children.
Michele Pinkston, PharmD, BCGP
KPhA Director of Emergency Preparedness
- Pharmacy Emergency Preparedness program volunteers
- Kentucky emergency pharmaceutical stockpile management
- Pharmacist in Charge of Pharmacy Surge Unit #1 (Kentucky’s Mobile Pharmacy)
- Liaison between the KDPH:EP and the KPhA Board of Directors
Michele Pinkston is a graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. She is an experienced community hospital pharmacist, having previously served as a pharmacy director and inpatient pharmacy manager. She currently resides in Versailles with her husband, Paul, and daughter, Claire.
Kristen Blankenbecler, PharmD
KPhA Director of Clinical Outreach
Kristen Blankenbecler graduated with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Mercer University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Atlanta, GA in 2012. She has experience in retail, hospital and ambulatory pharmacy and has served on a taskforce to help combat opioid use in part of rural Kentucky. She currently resides in Winchester, KY with her husband and two children.
Office Assistant/Member Services Coordinator
- Membership Retention and Recruitment
- Membership Questions – New Memberships and Renewals