COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine - EUA Issued by FDA (12/18/2020)
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine - EUA Website (with Vaccine Expiration Date Look Up)
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine - EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine – EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine – EUA Letter of Authorization
Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - EUA Issued by FDA (12/11/2020)
- Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine - EUA Fact Sheet for Healthcare Providers Administering Vaccine
- Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine - EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine - Link to QR Code for EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers
- Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine - FDA Letter of Authorization
- Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine - CDC Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine Resource Page - This page includes Storage Summary, Storage Label, Temperature Log for UC, BUD Tracking Labels, and Vaccine Expiration Date Tracker
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- KPhA - COVID-19 Vaccine Playbook for Pharmacies
- APhA – Immunizations During COVID-19 – Contains resources to meet HHS requirements for pharmacists to vaccinate children down to 3 years of age
- CDC - COVID Vaccination Program Playbook for Jurisdictions Version 2.0
CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical and Training Materials
- COVID-19 Vaccination Resources | CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccination Training Program and Reference Materials for Healthcare Professionals
- Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit (cdc.gov) (updated Nov. 2020)
- The toolkit also contains a COVID-19 Vaccine Storage and Handling Addendum with information on storage and handling best practices for COVID-19 vaccines. This addendum will be updated with specific storage and handling information for each COVID-19 vaccine product.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Modules (cdc.gov): General Overview of Immunization Best Practices for HCPs when preparing to administer COVID-19 vaccine. Includes information on vaccine development and safety, safety monitoring systems, EUA, storage and handling, reporting adverse events, etc.
- COVID-19 VaccineFinder Fact Sheet for Providers
- COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit for Medical Centers, Clinics, and Clinicians
- COVID-19 Vaccine Safety: V-Safe Information
Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR)Pharmacies must be enrolled in KYIR to participate in the COVID-19 Vaccine Program. Now is the time to enroll your pharmacy if want to participate in the program. If your pharmacy is already enrolled with KYIR, you do not need to enroll again.
- Overview of the Kentucky Immunization Registry and Its Importance to Pharmacies
- KYIR Enrollment Information
- KYIR Enrollment Webpage – For establishing front-end user access to KYIR for COVID-19 inventory management and data reporting (if unable to connect to KHIE). All COVID-19 vaccine providers will need access to KYIR, even those with a KHIE connection.
- KHIE/KYIR Enrollment Webpage – For establishing an electronic connection from KHIE to KYIR for COVID-19 vaccination data reporting
- KYIR Help Desk Contact Information
- Hours: 8 am to 4pm (EST) Monday – Thursday and 8am to 12 pm (EST) Friday
- Phone: 502-564-0038
- Email: KYIRHelpdesk@ky.gov (Use email Option after 12pm on Fridays)
KDPH COVID-19 Vaccine Program
- Kentucky COVID-19 Vaccination Plan (DRAFT)
- FAQ - Kentucky COVID-19 Vaccination Plan (updated 12/4/2020)
- Phase 1a - Hospitals - Healthcare Workers
- KDPH is prioritizing hospitals for vaccine provider enrollment as they will likely be the first to receive the vaccine
- Phase 1a/1b - Long-Term Care Facilities and Staff
- The sign-up period for the CDC Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program for COVID-19 Vaccination has ended. Long-Term Care Facilities (including SNFs and ALFs) signed up during a two-week window beginning October 19, 2020 and select an early phase pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine provider.
- LTCF will be contacted by their federal pharmacy partner to schedule vaccination clinics after a vaccine receives authorization
- Please see the following documents from CDC and AHCA for more information:
- Phase 2 – Pharmacies
- COVID-19 Vaccine - Provider Sign-Up Now Open
- KDPH is asking interested providers, including pharmacies, to enroll as a COVID-19 vaccine provider now. If you know that your pharmacy has already been enrolled as part of the federal pharmacy partner program for phase 2, separate state enrollment is not required.
- Please see the following documents to begin the enrollment process:
- Provider Enrollment Letter from Dr. Steven Stack, KDPH Commissioner – Contains REDcap link for online enrollment
- REDcap link for Online Vaccine Provider Enrollment
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Enrollment Checklist – Guide for vaccine provider enrollment
- Vaccine Provider Enrollment Workflow - Visual decision tree workflow for vaccine provider enrollment
- Before enrollment, pharmacy vaccine providers should do the following:
- Verify that you have a KHIE/KYIR connection. Data submission for each COVID-19 vaccine administered is required every 24 hours. You cannot participate in the program if you are not connected to KHIE/KYIR.
- Register with VaccineFinder (vaccinefinder.org) to a vaccination provider. CDC will require that vaccine providers provide inventory information to this website. Vaccine providers will be contacted by CDC to create a COVID-19 vaccine specific account after enrollment in the COVID-19 vaccine program.
CMS – Reimbursement for Administration of COVID-19 Vaccine
- CMS COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkits
- CMS COVID-19 Vaccine Medicare Reimbursement Webpage
- Requires most public and private health insurers to cover COVID-19 vaccine(s) approved or authorized by the FDA under an EUA with no cost sharing for patients.
- Medicare payment rates for COVID-19 vaccines at $28.39 for a single dose and for two or more doses, $16.94 for the initial dose and $28.30 for the final dose, adjusted by geography
- CMS is encouraging states (Medicaid CHIP, the Basic Health Program (BHP), and private plans to base administration rates on Medicare.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial Information
- WHO COVID-19 Vaccine Candidates - Clinical Trial information updated weekly by WHO
- COVID-19 Prevention Network – Register to Volunteer in a COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial