COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR)
Pharmacies must be enrolled
in KYIR to participate in the COVID-19 Vaccine Program. Now is the time to enroll your pharmacy if want to participate in the program. If your pharmacy is already enrolled with KYIR, you do not need to enroll again.
- Overview of the Kentucky Immunization Registry and Its Importance to Pharmacies
- KYIR Enrollment Information
- KYIR Enrollment Webpage – For establishing front-end user access to KYIR for COVID-19 inventory management and data reporting (if unable to connect to KHIE). All COVID-19 vaccine providers will need access to KYIR, even those with a KHIE connection.
- KHIE/KYIR Enrollment Webpage – For establishing an electronic connection from KHIE to KYIR for COVID-19 vaccination data reporting
- KYIR Help Desk Contact Information
- Hours: 8 am to 4pm (EST) Monday – Thursday and 8am to 12 pm Friday
- Phone: 802-564-0038
- Email: KYIRHelpdesk@ky.gov (Use email Option after 12pm on Fridays)
KDPH COVID-19 Vaccine Program
- Kentucky COVID-19 Vaccination Plan (DRAFT)
- Phase 1a - Hospitals
- KDPH is currently working to get hospitals enrolled as they will be among the first to receive the vaccine
- Phase 1b - Long-Term Care Facilities
- The sign-up period for the CDC Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program for COVID-19 Vaccination is currently underway. Long-Term Care Facilities (including SNFs and ALFs) should sign up during a two-week window beginning October 19, 2020 and select a pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine provider. SNFs will make their selection through the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) while ALFs will make their selection via an online REDcap sign-up form.
- Pharmacies not part of the CDC Pharmacy Partnership for LTC Program that are selected by long-term care facilities in Kentucky as their preferred COVID-19 vaccine provider will be contacted by KDPH to begin the provider enrollment process. This will not occur until after the two-week window to select a provider is closed (10-19-2020 through 11-02-2020).
- Please see the following documents from CDC and AHCA for more information:
- Phase 2 – Pharmacies
- KDPH has not opened enrollment for pharmacy vaccination providers to date. Once enrollment opens, a link to the enrollment page will be available here as well as KDPH websites.
- Before enrollment, pharmacy vaccine providers should do the following:
- Verify that you have a KHIE/KYIR connection. Data submission for each COVID-19 vaccine administered is required every 24 hours. You cannot participate in the program if you are not connected to KHIE/KYIR.
- Register with VaccineFinder (vaccinefinder.org) to a vaccination provider. CDC will require that vaccine providers provide inventory information to this website.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources