Board Authorized Protocols
201 KAR 2:380 authorizes the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy to review and approve advanced practice protocols for pharmacist use.
Recent updates to 201 KAR 2:380 require pharmacies to submit all fully executed protocols to the newly established protocol registry prior to their use. To submit a protocol to the registry, email the fully executed protocol to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 502-696-3806.
Note: immunization and naloxone protocols are not authorized under 201 KAR 2:380 and, therefore, do not require submission to the board.
Resourses and/or Education Opportunities for the Current Board-Authorized Protocols:
Check back later for education and resources for the follow protocols:
- Acute Influenza
- Acute Group A Streptococcal Pharyngitis Infection
- Self-Care Conditions Protocol Over the Counter Dietary Supplement Protocol
- Self-Care Conditions Protocol Diabetes Testing and Injection Supplies
- Nutritional Supplementation Protocol
- Anaphylaxis Treatment Protocol for Emergency Epinephrine Injection Devices
- Self-Care Conditions Protocol Diabetes Testing Supplies
- Self-Care Conditions Protocol Over-the-Counter Probiotics
- Tobacco Cessation Protocol
- Tuberculin Skin Testing One-Step Protocol
- Tuberculin Skin Testing Two Step Protocol